ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COUNTRY AND ANCESTORS: As we gather, we acknowledge the First Australians' custodianship of this land – land that was taken without consent, treaty or compensation. We express our sorrow for the personal, spiritual and cultural costs of that. The Spirit of God has long dwelt with the people of this ancient land. We honour the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin nation and other First Peoples on whose land we stand, and express our hope that we may walk forward together in harmony, and in the spirit of healing. We acknowledge and give thanks to God for the forebears of St Margaret’s Uniting Church and other faith traditions from which we have come. To this community of saints - this great cloud of witnesses - living and dead - named and unnamed - we pay our respects and offer our thanks as we connect with each other to worship God and to celebrate the sacredness of all life.
Some of the Mission Outreach in which we share -
- UCA Mission Support Fund
- Rubaga Youth Development Association in Kampala, Uganda. See latest info – Click here for RYDA http://www.blackdouglas.com.au/ryda/news.htm
Rubaga Youth Development Association (RYDA), is an African success story which St. Margaret's Uniting Church has supported for over 20 years. Founded in Kampala, Uganda in 1992 and registered as a Non-Government Organisation (NGO), its mission is to advocate for orphaned and vulnerable children (OVCs).
Since its establishment in rented premises in suburban Rubaga, its major pathway in enacting this mission has been offering vocational and life-skill training to 12 - 18 year-old OVCs. Beginning with a handful of young street people in the original building, RYDA has grown to provide this life education for 200-300 male and female youths annually at a purpose built 10 acre residential campus at Buloba.
Through the years, over 4000 students have graduated with government certificates from courses in a range of trades and have been assisted into their first job. Students pay no tuition or living costs and RYDA receives no government financial support.
St. Margaret's holds RYDA constantly in its prayers, regularly raises funds to supplement RYDA's other funding sources and occasionally facilitates shipment of goods and equipment. Our RYDA web site maintains a detailed record of all things RYDA. More information - http://www.blackdouglas.com.au/ryda
- Eucharist at Barradine Aged Care, Mooroolbark
- Eucharist at Mooroolbark Residential Aged Care Facility
- UCA Frontier Services
- Lentara Asylum Seekers Support.
- Food for Wesley, Ringwood
- Helping Hands, Lilydale
- Lenten Appeal
- Social Justice
- Music for Kids - Thursdays, 9.45am at St.Margaret's SUSPENDED
- Nutrition Network & the People's Pantry
- SHARE Appeal
- Christmas Bowl Appeal
- Kids Hope Aus
- The Family Gathering, to which all are welcome, is held monthly in our Chapel on the fourth Sunday at 5:30pm from February to November. It is a simple sharing of life-experiences followed by a simple meal. - SUSPENDED
- Book Chat - "Beliefs that changed the world" by John Bowker. This fascinating book covers the major religions of the world, their history and beliefs. Join us for Tea, coffee and cake, 2pm, Tues 24th August at St.Margaret's.
- Indoor Bowling Club - 7.30pm Tuesdays in our hall - Suspended
Other groups now using our hall - Tai Chi Classes - Tuesdays in School term. 12.45pm (Advanced) & 2.00pm (Beginners) Suspended Country Women's Association T.O.W.N Club (Take off weight now) Probus Club Alanon Family Group